Software developer @UGent
The Performance Lab at Ghent University is looking for another code ninja who wishes to be part of their high-tech startup. Your keen knowledge of making rock solid software will help you to analyze, implement and deliver those parts of our high-tech solution which are assigned to you.
Performance lab is building an innovative hardware appliance to monitor today’s and future data centers. Performance lab’s appliance provides detailed insight into web applications that are running in a data center by correlating client response times and resource usage. The appliance offers an easy-to-use web interface, both for technical and management people.
- Development and implementation of several core components (Java / Python)
- You have a Master degree in Computer Science
- You know how to build scalable software solutions
- You have profound knowledge of Java and PHP
- You are experienced with development frameworks such as Zend, Yii or others
- You have enough experience with Linux to tackle problems at the command line
- You realize that writing code is only a small part of making rock solid software
- You have a strong analytical mind which helps you to effectively solve complex problems
- Basic knowledge of any existing monitoring solutions is considered as a big plus!
- As a good communicator you are fluent in English and Dutch, both written and spoken
- You’re a team player who is flexible and willing to do the extra mile
Applications via Prof. Lieven Eeckhout: lieven.eeckhout (at) ugent.be